This pineapple michelada is the ultimate beer cocktail! It is the perfect combination of pineapple juice, lime juice, hot sauce, vegan Worcestershire, and beer. However, the best part is the La Michoacana mini pineapple paleta which brings it all together with the perfect addition of sweetness and fresh pineapple pieces.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
Honestly, you’re going to love this recipe because it is just that good!! Micheladas used to be my go-to drink when I'm not drinking margaritas, but I found that when I ordered them at restaurants sometimes they were too spicy or had too much clamato. Well, this michelada is super easy to make, it is vegan, and a great drink for a crowd.
What is a Michelada?
The michelada is a Mexican drink believed to be a hangover cure. The original version is simply cold light or dark beer, lime, salt, and hot sauce. Over the years Worcestershire sauce, Jugo Maggi, and even tomato juice have been added to it. What I love about it the most is that you can prepare it whichever way you prefer, there are no rules to follow.
La Michoacana Paletas: For this recipe, you will need the La Michoacana Mini Pineapple Paletas. La Michoacana is a paleta company that makes its products with fresh fruit, and other quality ingredients like walnuts, pistachios, and rich chocolate. You can find their products throughout thousands of retail locations in the US.
Pineapple juice: I used canned pineapple juice for this recipe, but any pineapple juice will do.
Vegan Worcestershire: You can find vegan Worcestershire at health food stores or online. If you can’t find it you can substitute it with Jugo Maggie.
Beer: You can use your favorite dark or light Lager beer. I don’t recommend making Micheladas with super dark beers like stouts or bitter beer like IPA’s.
How to Make a Pineapple Michelada
- Rim glass with chamoy.
- Dip glass in chile powder.
- Add ice to the glass and pour in lime juice.
- Add pineapple juice.
5. Pour in the mixture of hot sauce and vegan Worcestershire.
6. Pour in beer 3/4 of the way.
7. Add in mini pineapple paleta.
8. Top off with more beer.
Expert Tips and Tricks
To make this for a crowd, rim all of your glasses with chamoy and chile powder first, fill them halfway with ice and prepare the michelada in a pitcher. Let everyone serve themselves.
Serve this immediately after making it. It is best ice cold!!
Choose a light Mexican beer, preferably a lager or pilsner like Modelo, Modelo light, Tecate, or Bohemia.
A chelada is simply beer with lime juice and rimmed with salt, while a michelada adds hot sauce, Worcestershire, and a chile pepper powder rim.
You can substitute with Jugo Maggi
- ½ cup chamoy
- ½ cup chile powder
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cold Mexican lager beer
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ½ tsp vegan Worcestershire
- ½ tsp Tabasco hot sauce
- 2 La Michoacana Mini Pineapple Paletas
- Place chamoy and chile powder on a small plate separately. Dip the rim of the glasses in the chamoy and immediately after into chile powder.
- Fill each cup half way with ice. Divide the lime juice, pineapple juice, Worcestershire, and hot sauce equally into each glass.
- Pour in enough beer to fill the glasses ¾ of the way. Drop in the pineapple paletas, and give it a stir. Top off with more beer and serve immediately.
Although dorastable.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates.