This Strawberry Frose Margarita is the best of both worlds. Sweet strawberries are blended with rose wine, tequila, lime juice, and orange liquor for a frozen cocktail that’s so refreshing and delicious, that it will be impossible not to make it over and over again this summer.
What is Frose??
Basically, frose is frozen rose. A slushy made out of rose wine, ice, and sometimes strawberries. It became super popular in 2018 for its simplicity and its pretty pink color. For this recipe, I chose to make the ultimate combination of frose and strawberry margaritas.
It was actually my husband’s idea, but I wasn’t really convinced at first. I love tequila, so the thought of mixing it with rose kind of freaked me out. I was wrong!! I admit it. This is now my favorite margarita of all time. If this doesn’t make you break out into a happy dance I don’t know what will.
Another year, another margarita week over at Hola Jalapeño! I know I’ve mentioned this before, but I will say it again, I’m a total margarita snob. I can’t stand sickly sweet, sour mix, fake margaritas, or crazy combination barely a margarita drinks.
This is my third year participating in margarita week, and it has definitely changed my perspective on what a margarita is. Even though I still love a classic margarita, there are some amazing flavor combinations you can do, and still make an excellent drink like this guava lime margarita, spicy raspberry jalapeño margarita, vanilla and piloncillo margarita, or this rhubarb citrus margarita.
You can find my previous entries for Margarita week here:
The Recipe: Strawberry Frose Margarita
- When choosing your rose for this recipe choose the one you like to drink. I like my rose on the dry side, but if you prefer sweet rose use that instead.
- I highly recommend Corralejo Tequila (reposado) for this. It’s my favorite for margaritas.
- I made this recipe two ways, both ways are delicious. You can either process everything in the blender, the margarita will be like a slushy, or you can crush the ice with the blender or with a bag and mallet then pour the chilled margarita over it.
- I used a salt rim, but a sugar rim would work as well.
- I used a strawberry paleta (popsicle) instead of fresh berries, and I was very happy with the result. I totally forgot to buy the strawberries and I had paletas in the freezer!
Strawberry Frose Margarita
- 1 oz Corralejo tequila
- 1.5 oz Your favorite Rose wine, chilled
- 1 oz Fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 Strawberry popsicle (made with real fruit)
- 2 cups Ice
- Remove the popsicle from the popsicle stick and cut into 3 pieces. Place in the blender with the tequila, rose, lime juice, Cointreau, and ice. Process until smooth, like a slushy.
- Pour into a salt-rimmed glass, and garnish with a slice of lime or strawberry.