Beautifully roasted balsamic green beans are tossed with red onion, cherry tomatoes, almonds, and apple honey. The balsamic lightly caramelizes the green beans resulting in a tender bean with crisp edges.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe Works
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for large gatherings or even weeknight dinners. They are a great side dish hot, but they can also be eaten cold on top of lettuce for a bright and colorful salad. My kids love them, and they are vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Green beans: For the best texture use only fresh green beans, canned or frozen green beans don’t retain their texture when roasting them. Roasted fresh green beans are tender on the inside, but not mushy and that’s exactly what we want.
Balsamic vinegar: I use my favorite Primal Kitchen Balsamic Vinegar of Modena which is a PGI certified, high-quality Italian balsamic vinegar. It is also USDA organic, Whole30 approved, Certified Paleo. Use the code DORAPRIMAL to get a 10% discount at check out.
Almonds: I used slivered almonds, but this can also be made with walnuts or hazelnuts.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: I use Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil which is certified organic, non-GMO, and NAOAA certified for quality and purity. Use the code DORAPRIMAL to get a 10% discount at check out.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place trimmed green beans on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Add thinly sliced red onion to the green beans.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil on the green beans and season with salt and pepper. Toss and roast in the oven at 450°F for 10 min.
- Prepare dressing, pour balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.
5. Add sliced garlic and apple honey.
6. Remove green beans from the oven and add cherry tomatoes to the pan.
7. Add almonds and balsamic dressing, and toss.
8. Roast in the oven for 10 more minutes.
Expert tips and tricks
To shorten prep time, buy already trimmed green beans. Trimmed green beans are easy to use, and they will save you some time, especially if you’re cooking for a large crowd. You can also make them in the air fryer! Follow the same steps, except you want to air fry at 400°F.
Serve hot immediately or let cool, and serve with spring lettuce mix as a salad. You can keep them warm for up to 30 minutes in a 200°F oven. They pair perfectly with these creamy vegan mashed potatoes.
Store in an airtight container for up to three days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or pop them back in the oven at 350°F for 6-7 minutes.
More Vegan Sides
Roasted Balsamic Green Beans
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place green beans and red onions on baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, & pepper.
- Roast in oven for 10min.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl whisk the balsamic vinegar, honey, and garlic slices. Set aside.
- Remove beans from oven and stir in cherry tomatoes and slivered almonds,pour the balsamic-honey dressing over them. Toss with your tongs.
- Continue roasting for 10 more minutes or until beans have begun to shrivel and brown, and are tender but not mushy.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Although dorastable.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates.