Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Vegan Tres Leches Cake
This Vegan Tres Leches cake is nothing short of a dream. A dream come true!! A sweet vanilla cake is soaked in almond, macadamia, and oat milk, covered in silky coconut whipped cream, then topped with strawberries.
Resting Time 10 hours
Total Time 2 hours
Servings 10 Servings
- 1 ½ cups Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 ½ tsp. White vinegar
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 ½ cups Sugar, granulated
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Macadamia nut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Oat milk, unsweetened
- ½ cup Sugar, granulated
- 2 cans Reddi-whip Coconut Whipped Topping
- 1 pint Strawberries, hulled and sliced
To make the cake
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of a 8 x 13” baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease with vegetable oil.
In a medium bowl combine the almond milk, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix well. Let sit for 5 min.
In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix with a whisk until you have a smooth batter.
Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake in the middle rack of the oven, for 30-35 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Remove from oven. Let cake cool, and remove from baking dish. Remove parchment paper and let cake cool completely on a rack. Leave it out at room temperature without covering it, overnight.
The following day, using a serrated knife, gently cut the dome off the top of your cake. Poke the surface of the cake several times with a fork or a steak knife.
Place your cake inside of the baking dish and pour milk syrup over it as evenly as possible. Place in your fridge and let cake soak for 30 min.
When you’re ready to serve, top the cake with the coconut whipped topping and spread with a spatula. (Don’t add the whipped topping to the cake unless you’re ready to serve it.)
Arrange the sliced strawberries on top of the whipped topping and serve.
It's very important to make the cake the day before so you can let it sit out and dry out a little bit.
• This cake is not meant to be eaten without soaking in milk!! You've been warned.
• I used almond, macadamia nut, and oat milk, but you can use any combination you prefer. If you like coconut, I suggest coconut milk.
• Top with strawberries or assorted berries. The acid in the berries cut the sweetness of the cake.
• This cake will not keep for more than a day, it will get too mushy, so try to eat it all in one day.
• If you want to make your own whipped topping I recommend this recipe.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 306mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 27.8mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 1.7mg