Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Vegan Cajeta Envinada
Vegan Cajeta Envinada, Mexican milk caramel used to top everything from churros, crepes, ice cream, and more.
Servings 1 cups
- 4 ¼ cups Soy milk, unsweetened
- 1 1/3 cup Turnbinado or brown sugar
- ¼ cup Agave syrup
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 -2 tbsp. Brandy, Dark rum or whiskey
In a large heavy bottomed pot combine the soy milk, sugar, agave, vanilla, and baking soda.
Bring to a slow simmer, and let simmer for 1 hour and 15 min. Stirring frequently to prevent sticking and burning.
Add the brandy and simmer for 15 more minutes or until the cajeta has reached the desired consistency.
- I used unsweetened soy milk, but you can use your favorite plant milk.
- I used turbinado sugar, also known as sugar in the raw, which is a less processed version of fine white sugar. If you can’t find it, you can use brown sugar.
- The baking soda in this recipe help the cajeta get its dark caramelized color.
- I chose to use whiskey, but you can use brandy, dark rum or white wine.
Calories: 1751kcal | Carbohydrates: 365g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 923mg | Potassium: 1804mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 348g | Vitamin A: 3942IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 1648mg | Iron: 7mg