Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Baja Ceviche Tostadas
Vegan Baja Ceviche Tostadas, hearts of palm, cucumber, onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeño, and carrots are marinated in lime juice and a splash of olive oil. Served Baja California style on corn tostadas slathered with mayo, and topped with avocado and hot sauce.
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cans (14 oz.) Hearts of palm, drained, rinsed, finely chopped
- 3 Plum tomatoes, cut in half, pulp removed, cut into small dice
- 1/2 White onion, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped carrots
- ¾ cup Finely chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup. Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Pickled jalapeño brine
- 2 tbsp. Lime juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp. Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 12 Tostadas
- Primal Kitchen Jalapeño and Lime Mayonnaise
- Hot sauce
- 2 Avocadoes
In a large bowl combine the hearts of palm, tomato, white onion, jalapeño, carrots, cucumber, cilantro, pickled jalapeño brine, lime juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and mix to combine.
Place in the fridge for at least 30 min.
Spread your tostadas with mayo, top with ceviche, avocado slices, and hot sauce. Serve immediately.
Hearts of palm are found jarred or canned in the canned section of the grocery store. They are basically the core of the a species of palm trees.
Pickled jalapeño brine, is the brine or juice from the cans of jalapeños en escabeche. If this isn’t available to you, you can use lime juice.
Serving: 1tostada | Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 237mg | Potassium: 688mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 3097IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg