Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate Ice Cream
This Mexican hot chocolate ice cream is sweet and creamy with a hint of cinnamon. It is also no-churn and dairy free!!
Servings 4 servings (1 quart)
- 2 tablets (tablillas) Hernan Mexican chocolate
- 2 cups Almond-coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 Avocado ripe, cut in half, flesh removed
- ¼ cup Maple syrup
Bring the coconut-almond milk to a very low simmer over low heat. Add chocolate tablets, and stir with a whisk or molinillo.
Once the chocolate has dissolved pour it in a container and let it cool completely in the fridge or freezer.
Place the chocolate mixture, avocado, and maple syrup in the blender, and puree until smooth.
Pour into ice trays and freeze overnight.
The following day unmold the cubes and place in the food processor. Process until smooth (hold on to your food processor because it’s going to shake!)
Eat right away and enjoy!!
- I tried several different types of milk for this and my favorite was almond-coconut or soy.
- I have added avocado for creaminess, but don't worry the taste blends in perfectly with the chocolate.
- You can use the sweetener of your choice.
- If you have an ice cream machine, cool down the chocolate mixture then add to your machine. You can skip the steps 4, 5, 6.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 178mg | Iron: 0.3mg