Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Roasted Butternut Squash and Mushroom Tacos
Roasted Butternut Squash and Mushroom Tacos, an easy and delicious weeknight dinner everyone will love!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups Diced and peeled, butternut squash
- 2 cups Chopped baby bella mushrooms
- 1 can (15 oz.) Black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. Sunflower oil
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. Paprika
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups Chopped tomatillos, with husks removed
- 8 Corn tortillas
- 1 cup Shredded cabbage
- 1 Jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 8 Small lime wedges
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C, or gas mark 6), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
Place the butternut squash, mushrooms, black beans, and yellow onions in a mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat, then add the chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper, and toss again. Spread the mixture out on the baking sheet, leaving some space for the tomatillos.
Place the tomatillos on the remainder of the baking sheet, then place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender. Sprinkle with more salt to taste, if desired.
Warm the tortillas in either the microwave or on a hot pan until soft and pliable. Fill each one with some butternut– black bean mixture, then top with tomatillos, shredded cabbage, and jalapeño slices. Serve warm, accompanied by lime wedges.
- You can use baby bella or portabello mushrooms.
- This recipe would also work with acorn or hubbard squash
- I love the black beans in this, but pinto beans would work also.
- Use chile ancho powder instead of a regular chili powder for a deeper smoky flavor
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 1123mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 8090IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 2.6mg