Just so you know, we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and may collect a share from the links on this page.
The Recipe: Carlota de Limon
- If you can’t find the cookies on Amazon, you can use graham crackers or animal crackers.
- Use key lime juice for a more intense lime flavor.
- As you’re layering your cookies and lime cream don’t press down on the cookies.
- I like to use berries to contrast the sweet flavor of the ice box cake. Enjoy!!
Carlota de Limon
- 1 package (16 oz). Silken tofu (soft)
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Sugar, or your favorite sweetener
- 1/3 cup Key lime juice, fresh
- 2 packs (sleeves) Vegan Maria cookies
- 1 pint Strawberries
- Place tofu, sugar, and almond milk in the blender. Turn blender on low setting and add in lime juice gradually, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper, add a of lime cream and cover it with a layer of cookies and pour some of the lime cream mixture on top; enough to cover them but not drown them.
- Repeat this process by adding another layer of cookies and then covering it with the lime cream, repeat until all the lime cream mixture and cookies have been used up.
- DO NOT PRESS DOWN on the cookies. You want a good layer of lime cream in between the cookies and pressing them down with push the lime cream to the sides.
- Place cake in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or until it has set.
- Invert the baking dish unto a plate. Carefully peel off the parchment. Decorate with strawberries or the fruit of your choice.
- Cut and serve cold.
If you want to substitute the sugar for agave or maple syrup omit the almond milk. You can use graham crackers if you can’t find vegan maria cookies